Check out this month's adventure.
We have received permission from private land owners and Crown to groom Dairy Run and Lower Swine Flu for winter trail use. This grooming will be weather dependent and occur likely on Mondays. Please note we have been given an exemption from Crown to use a sled on non-motorized trails to groom this area.
Please find attached a map of the grooming area. You can follow us on Facebook for current grooming information. Signage will be posted when grooming is occuring.
Thank you to our landowners and volunteers for supporting this initiative.
If you are donating to a particular project or fund please email firstname.lastname@example.org after you have made your donation, and we will make sure your generous donation is allocated accordingly.
Thank you for your suppport!
Mount Fernie Provincial Park Project is now underway. Please see below for the proposed timeline as well as the attached map for the concept plan.
Now until December 20th, 2018:
- Tree removal for the new campsites and the new parking lot
- The new parking lot and the Gorby parking lot expansion are complete with base material installed. Some organics still to be taken away from the Gorby site.
- Road base will be laid down on the new road through the campground.
- Base material will be laid down for each of the new campsites one at a time.
Spring 2019 (as soon as weather conditions permit):
- Resume works to complete construction of campsites and parking lots. Lay a base material for any sites that did not receive it last fall and then start laying down the final crush layer, fire rings and furniture.
- Remove and rehabilitate entrance parking lot.
- Upgrade Mt. Fernie Park Road including construction of hiking trails on road sides and safety features.
The goal is to have the project completed by November 2019.