- Adult Training Program Starts 2018-06-15
New summer training program open to our members aged 50+. Monitored by a qualified coach and aimed to prepare skiers for the winter season. Five initial participants.
- Season 2017-2018 2018-04-01
Total membership 851, SDP kids 81, Racers 19. Won the Teck Kootenay Cup. Popular weekly and monthly activities: Little Critter races, Toonie races, Full moon Ski & Social, Wednesday Womens Ski
- New local events 2018-03-11
Snow-to-Ice(cream) event for Griz Days from March 1 to 4. First ever Fernie Birkie held on March 11th.
- A new membership record 2018-01-02
The total membership of the club surpasses 830 members
- Season 2016-2017 2017-04-01
Another great season! Total membership 722, SDP kids 52, Racers 20. Improved trail grooming all around. New interpretive kiosks installed at the Nordic Centre. The Teck Kootenay Cup event is cancelled due to winter weather.
- Warming hut is completed 2016-06-21
The last touches were made to the warming hut exterior during the summer of 2016. The siding was installed. Inside the window trim, walls and insulation were done and a new woodstove installed.
- Season 2015-2016 2016-04-01
Record membership numbers 747. SDP kids 73, Racers 15 Won the Teck Kootenay Cup. The connector trail to FAR is completed. Runt trail opened. Grading of trails and culverts installed.
- First Kootenay Cup race in Fernie 2016-02-13
The club held the first Teck Kootenay Cup race in Fernie on February 13, 2016 at the Elk Valley Nordic Centre
- First SDP lesson at EVNC 2015-12-12
Another first! The SDP program started with the first lesson of the season at the Nordic Centre near the newly built warming hut.
- First Annual Pumpkin Hunt 2015-10-24
The first Great Pumpkin Hunt held at the Nordic Centre was a great success with 190 kids of ages up to 9 participating.
- Connector Trail to FAR built 2015-08-27
The construction work on the connector to Fernie Alpine Resort is completed. Received grant from RCR.
- Season 2014-2015 2015-04-01
Total membership 573, SDP kids 72, Racers 7 Won the Teck Kootenay Cup. The Trail Ambassador program is initiated.
- EVNC Grand Opening 2015-03-07
The Elk Valley Nordic Centre is offically open on this date in the presence of special guests including olympian Beckie Scott and mayor Mary Giuliano.
- Warming Hut construction 2015-01-23
The plans have been drawn up and approved. The construction of the new Warming Hut at the Elk Valley Nordic Centre starts with the help of many volunteers.
- Bridge over the Lizard Creek 2014-10-19
A new bridge is built over the Lizard Creek to connect the trails on The Cedars property to the ones planned on the Galloway Lumber side. The sponsorship by the Teck company allowed for the contruction of the timber covered steel and concrete structure.
- Phase 2 of the EVNC trails 2014-09-30
During the summer, the trail designer marked the trails within the Galloway land. Another 6 km of trails was added.
- Fernie Nordic Racers is created 2014-07-20
The local race team is created from young member skiers in the club under the supervision of coaches Jeff Williams and Naomi Lentz.
- New club logo 2014-06-01
The new logo was adopted while keeping the original colours of the previous design.
- Season 2013-2014 2014-04-01
Total membership 387, SDP kids 60
- Season 2012-2013 2013-04-01
Total membership 341, SDP kids 64
- Phase 1 of the EVNC trails 2013-03-14
The trail designer Reidar Zapf-Gilje starts a survey on the lands owned by The Cedars development and the Galloway Lumber company to establish the initial trail network of 4 km.
- Season 2011-2012 2012-04-01
Total membership 174+, 50 SDP kids
- Season 2010-2011 2011-04-01
Total membership 145, SDP kids 27
- Season 2009-2010 2010-04-01
Total membership 148, SDP kids 18. Grant of $10K received from the City of Fernie. Year end event at Island Lake Lodge: 40 participants
- Season 2008-2009 2009-04-01
Total membership 184, SDP kids 30. A second snowmobile was purchased for the golf course during the season.
- Season 2007-2008 2008-04-01
Total membership 196, SDP kids 35. Grooming at Golf Course and at Island Lake. Grant of $25K received from the province.
- First Jackrabbit lesson 2008-01-12
The first Jackrabbit class was held at the Golf Course on a Saturday morning
- Season 2006-2007 2007-04-01
First season of the Society. Total membership 220. Grant of $15K received from the province and $6.6K from the Cranbrook Women's Resource Society. New snowmobile, trailer, Ginzu groomer and roller purchased. Grooming done on Golf Course, Island Lake trails and on city dyke done during the season. An excellent start!
- Purchase of first snowmobile 2007-01-12
Our first machine was a Yamaha model. A roller groomer was also purchased in December and a Ginzu groomer followed in February 2007. Fully equipped for our first season!
- Opening Day at the Golf Course 2006-12-15
First day of skiing on the trails of the Fernie Golf & Country Club.
- The Fernie Nordic Society is born 2006-07-08
The Fernie Nordic Society was established in Fernie on July 8th, 2006