Hello Bunnyrabbit, Jackrabbit, and TrackAttack parents!
We are excited for Saturday at 10:30 am as our first lesson of the 2017-2018 season after this cold spell! Please arrive 15 mins early.
When you arrive at the Nordic Centre, please get in touch with the Den Parent who will be at a table set up in front of the warming hut. The role of the Den Parent is to track which children are on snow and where they plan to ski (part of our Emergency Response Plan), to help with any children who may be cold or need the toilet, and to safeguard the hot chocolate!!
• There are two areas to park in: the campground overflow parking lot - marked with a bright blue sign - and along Fernie Park road
• Once you have delivered your child to their lesson, would you please take a moment to check in with Sam so I can make sure I have all your paperwork in order? I will also have membership cards and stickers to pick up if you haven’t already done so (please bring last years’ cards if you have them). If lesson fees have not been paid, or the security postdated cheque for the rental gear is still pending, please bring them at this first lesson.
• Each Saturday we will need 1 or 2 volunteers to help with the above tasks.
• Visit our calendar for all lesson dates, events dates and more: www.fernienordic.com/calendar
• If you know your child is going to be absent from a lesson, please let your coach know and feel free to cc coach Nancy at email@example.com
• Please have your child visit the bathroom before lessons
Tuesdays - for those registered on that day:
• The first lesson is on Jan 9 from 4:00 to 5:00 pm at the Fernie Golf Course
• Please arrive early, the lesson starts at 4 pm sharp
• There is plenty of parking next to the clubhouse. A portapotty is also on site.
• Meet the coaches outside the clubhouse at the lower level.
You will have regular contact with your coach during the season.
We have a lot of great events planned for this season and the next Little Critter Race is planned on Monday January 15th at 6pm. For anyone who took part in the Fernie Mountain Bike Club Critter Races all summer, this is the same format except on skis and IT’S DARK! Geared to skiers 12 and under, the race starts at 18:00 and sign up starts at 17:30. Headlamps are needed. The event is free for members. The hut will be lit and warm :)
If you have any questions, please ask!
Nancy tel: 250-430-7258